The Internet of Things (IoT) is more than just devices connected to the internet. Learn more about IoT with our guides.
Technology is often wonderful, but pointless without a purpose. Unlock the potential of your business with IoT. It is often said, you can’t manage what you can’t measure. With IoT, you can cost effectively measure and detect things and activity from all over your business to give you the ability to analyse, optimise, react or predict to better serve your customers.
Digital transformation and the fourth industrial revolution are buzz phrases talked about by many businesses. IoT is just one component of delivering the ability for your business to transform to unlock new revenue streams, improve efficiency and increase customer engagement and loyalty.
It’s IoT powered digital transformation that will spur your ability to more effectively deploy people and resources, much as other technologies facilitated previous industrial revolutions.
Business solutions span many industries such as construction engineering, property management, transportation infrastructure and logistics, warehouse and manufacturing operations.
Benefits that IoT can provide include:
- Improve Operations, Predictive Maintenance, Time Attendance, Machine Utilisation, Improve Safety Control, Improve Environment Control, Reduce Energy Usage
- Faster response time, Improve efficiency, Predictive maintenance, Remote power control, Improve Occupant Experience; Provide Security, Enhance Environment Control, Reduce Energy Usage
Contact us to learn more through our case studies.
In a little more detail, IoT is a system of interrelated computing devices, mechanical and digital machines provided with unique identifiers and the ability to transfer data over a network without requiring human-to-human or human-to-computer interaction.
The convergence of the reducing price of computing, electronics, and communications with analytics, AI and data processing has seen an explosion in the ability to deploy many IoT devices to gain a better insight into the environment, operations, and activity around us to make better decisions.
Like any industry, there is a lot of jargon, acronyms, initialisms and abbreviations. Here are a few defined.
- LTE-M – Long Term Evolution Machines Type Communication, an LPWAN radio communications standard
- Cat M1 – Category M1, an LPWAN radio communications standard
- NB-IoT – Narrowband IoT, an LPWAN radio communications standard
- LoRaWAN – Long Range Wireless Area Network, an LPWAN radio communications standard
- LPWAN – low power wide area network
- Sigfox – a low power wireless network protocol and network provider
- 5G, 4G, 3G – 3rd, 4th, and 5th Generation mobile device/phone communications network standards
- WiFi – a family of radio technologies commonly used for wireless local area networking
- BLE – Bluetooth Low Energy, a wireless personal area network technology
The Fourth Industrial Revolution is a technological revolution that will fundamentally alter the way we live, work, and relate to one another. In its scale, scope, and complexity, the transformation will be unlike anything humankind has experienced before.
The Internet of Things is one technology of many, working together to drive the fourth industrial revolution.
Contact us about your IoT project or your business’s digital transformation with Internet of Things.